31 October, 2012

A PRAYER FOR OPENNESS


Aarti Flame
Spiritual Seekers have a variety of Practices ( Sanskrit word is SADHANA). Being open and aware  are vital qualities for all of us as we journey back to the Source.
  We need to regularly take time to shine the Inner Light of Awareness onto our relationship with the Mystery that is the Source of all life.

In Hinduism, the ceremony of the Aariti Flame is meant to remind devotees of their relationship with this Inner Light or Source.


The following is a simple Prayer or Mindful Experience that is designed to focus us of the present and being Present to the Presence.



SEEKING TO BE OPEN TO THE SPIRIT

A prayer of intercession

Touch your fingertips to the forehead

‘O Lord, open my mind to remember your presence’

Touch your fingertips to the lips


O Lord, open my mouth to speak your wisdom’


Touch your fingertips to the heart


‘O Lord, open my mouth to speak your wisdom’


Touch your fingertips to the lips


‘O Lord, open my heart to extend your love’


Open both hands palms up and extend them out


‘O Lord, open ermy hands  to serve  you  generously’


Open arms wide

‘ O Lord. Open my whole being to you’

‘May my mind, my body, my heart my all be yours’

Amen


Further examples of Satsang Spirituality can be accessed by linking to our local website    www.satsang-companionship.org.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment