08 July, 2012

PRAYING WITH OUR SENSES

BEING OPEN TO THE SPIRIT

We are holistic people - Body- Mind and Spirit. We are gifted with Reflective Consciousness. Our consciousness is informed by many things not least by our senses and our emotions. 

Our Reflective Consciousness can also assist us to integrate aspects of our Body-Mind with our spirit. We are born to relate to and encounter the Divine in an I:Thou relationship . This method of encounter  of  spirit- to - Spirit can be found in a variety of ways. A powerful method of entering into this spiritual encounter is to use our body and mind. A suggested way is shown below




SEEKING TO BE OPEN TO THE SPIRIT

A prayer of intercession

Touch your fingertips to the forehead

‘O Lord, open my mind to remember your presence’

Touch your fingertips to the lips


‘O Lord, open my mouth to speak your wisdom’


Touch your fingertips to the heart


‘O Lord, open my mouth to speak your wisdom’


Touch your fingertips to the lips


‘O Lord, open my heart to extend your love’


Open both hands palms up and extend them out


‘O Lord, open my hands  to serve  you  generously’


Open arms wide

‘ O Lord. Open my whole being to you’

‘May my mind, my body, my heart my all be yours’

Further examples of Satsang Spirituality can be accessed by linking to our local website    www.satsang-companionship.org.ukAmen






No comments:

Post a Comment