01 October, 2010

UNIVERSAL WISDOM - No:- 3 in the Series - October 2010

UNIVERSAL WISDOM FROM THE FAITH TRADITIONS

This is a series of quotations from the Universal experience and Inheritance of the spiritual traditions and the mystics. They contain extremely condensed Spiritual wisdom. Each are worthy of deep reflection .

This is the 3rd in our Series Reflections from the World's Faith Traditions and their Spiritual Masters.


Knowing the Source:   I have a Source- an origin of my existence… My relationship with this Source underpins all others’
(Sr Ishpriya)

The Attraction of Nature -     Although there is repulsion enough in Nature, she lives by attraction.
( Mahatma Gandhi )

Indwelling God    You God wake up within me, proving that you are there in secret and alone
St John of the Cross  (Christian Mystic)

Self Blindness    Who makes us ignorant? We ourselves. We put our hands over our eyes and weep that it is dark.       (Swami Vivekananda - Hindu Mystic)

Great Sayings of Jesus   I f anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching

Knowing God?  If I had a God I was able to know, I would not be able to regard him as God
(Meister Eckhart)

Searching and Finding!       Stop searching for what is not here and then you will be able to see what is here
Sr Ishpriya

The Paradox of Searching.              You let us find You. So we would search for you
Unknown Mystic

Self-Inflicted Fear -     Why are people so afraid? The answer is that they have made themselves helpless and dependent upon others. We want a Personal God, a saviour, or a prophet to do everything for us.
( Swami Vivekananda)

Blood Transfusion!       Unless it receives a new blood transfusion from matter, Christian Spirituality may well lose its vigour and become lost in the clouds
Teilhard de Chardin

All is Spiritual      Seva is spiritual practice. Stop seeing work and sitting on a meditation cushion differently. All is spiritual practice  Sr Ishpriya



No comments:

Post a Comment